This article actually started over an email we received from a first time Pattaya investor regarding an investment property in Pattaya which had caught his eye. Even though a first time investor in properties in Pattaya this gentleman was actually a very successful businessman in his own right. Therefor I saw it worth the time to sit and write him a through email regarding the property he had enquired on.
As he had a lot of genuine questions after answering them all I thought this might actually make the perfect article for our real estate library.
- Pattaya Ferry https://youtu.be/K4VQyQ3qA4c
- At 1,480,000THB its fully furnished so minus a modest 200,000THB (its really around 300,000THB +) for the furniture the unit only costs 1,280,000THB therefor its only 36,671THB per sq.m
- This condo also comes with a 2 million dollar + backyard and facilities compared to many other projects selling at 60,000THB + per Sqm that come with only a small gym & a 10 x 4 pool.
- The developer’s current price is 2,200,000THB so basically this is an instant capital gain
- Its cheap, 1 bedroom and has great facilities therefor it will rent out very easily long term or short term airbnb type rentals.
- Lets say in 2.5 years time you need to take out your money for another venture. You bought very cheap and even if you sell very cheap you will still make about 1million + baht on it. On such a small investment this is a great rate of return, specially in the current market.
I have been told that the swimming pool is almost finished. Buildings are constructed and interior work will be commencing. I think maybe realistically 10 months to finish. My apologies as I think I mentioned 6-8 months in my original email.
People tend to start become impulsive buyers when the market is strong. Good astute investors ONLY buy according to figures of return on investment, therefor when market is at its lowest. Not only the prices are low but the sellers are also at their most vulnerable stage. Better to deal with a seller who cannot afford their repayments and wants out then to deal with a seller who wants the maximum profit on his pride and joy investment property.
We hope this article has been helpful and wish to assist you with your next property investment venture!
Pattaya Property Pro